Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Storvågan

Just outside Kabelvåg, and close enough to be considered part of Kabelvåg, you will find Storvågan with Lofotmuseet, Galleri Espolin, Lofotakvariet and Nyvågar Rorbuhotell. 

The picture above shows the main building of Nyvågar Rorbuhotell, which offers you to stay in hotell rooms or small apartments. I haven't stayed at the hotell, but I've "tested" the restaurant, which I found to be quite good with excellent service and well-tasting food. I had a fish dish, but they also offer meat if you prefer (although you should eat fish when in Lofoten).

Galleri Espolin is just nearby, and has an extensive exibition with paintings of Kaare Espolin Johnsen, well known for his paintings of the sea, Lofoten and fishermen.

Photo details: EOS 30D with my EF-S 17-85 mm at f/5.0 with a focal length of 41 mm. With ISO at 200, the shutter time was 1/160 seconds.

This picture is part of my Lofoten set at flickr.