Sunday, March 22, 2009

Overview of Reine in Lofoten

Reine is the administrative center of the municipality of Moskenes in Lofoten. The village has a poulation of approximately 340 of the 1150 inhabitants of Moskenes. Hamnøy, Sakrisøy, Moskenes, Sørvågen, Tind and Å are other fishing villages in the municipality far out (i.e. west) in Lofoten. Only Verøy and Røst are further out. The above picture was taken from the point where you take off the E-10 highway to go to Reine. Hamnøy and Sakrisøy are both in front of the mountain to the right in the background, but I'm not sure if you are able to see them here. At least you should be able to see one of the bridges near Sakrisøy.

Photo details: EOS 30D with my EF-S 17-85 mm at f/4.0 with a focal length of 20 mm. With ISO at 100, the shutter time was 1/250 seconds. Hmm, I had my ES-S 10-22 lens available, and I regret that I did not use it here. I guess I was to much in a hurry. The picture has been slightly edited in Adobe Photoshop Elements.

This picture is part of my Lofoten set at flickr.